Internet is the most widely used information source in the world now-a-days. Easy to search a specific topic, free of cost and user friendliness are the factors which made internet so popular. As most of the people reading this knew the importance of website on internet(Remember, You can also access data from internet without websites.) and some of the domains has became so popular that every user of internet has to use it daily. Google, Bing, yahoo are some of the most popular website in the world. We arranged a list of 10 most popular websites (according to number of visitors).
Following are the top 10 most popular website of 2014:
Google is an internet search engine used to search data which are publicly available on internet. Before Google finding a specific information from internet is tedious and it will take days to find a specific page or even not possible for some types of data from internet. Google has made a revolution in the internet history, all you need is just type a word or phrase and Google will send you every web page related to that word or phrase. Google started it’s services from 1997 when CEO of Sun funded $100,000. Google has almost 100-120 Millions visitors a day.
2. FacebookLargest online social networking site founded by Mark Zuckerberg in Feb 4, 2004. Facebook was a project, self assigned by some of the Harvard University students. In 2013 total revenue of Facebook reached US$7.87 billion. Before Facebook there is no online social networking site. Students of Harvard University got enormous amount of visitors just after the launch of this website publicly. Currently Facebook has over 100 million views per day.
3. YoutubeYouTube is largest video sharing website created and developed by three former employees of PayPal. In 2006 when YouTube has become world’s most popular video sharing website Google bought this site. Anyone(registered user) can upload unlimited number of videos to YouTube. YouTube is the third most visited website in the world according to the Alexa Web Rankings. YouTube also faces a ban in several different countries many times like Pakistan, Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, Tunisia, Thailand, Tajikistan, Syria, Sudan, Russia, Libya, Georgia, Indonesia, Germany, China and Armenia because of anti-islamic vidoes and YouTube team denied to remove those videos.
4. YahooWorld’s largest email service provider and third largest search engine in 2013, Before the GMail and MSN comes Yahoo Mail was the only free available email service in the beginning of internet. Yahoo was founded by Jerry Yang and David Filo in Jan, 1994. Yahoo is currently the 4th most visit website according to the Alexa web rankings.
5. BaiduA Chinese search engine deigned to search and store information only for Chinese language. It is founded by Robin Li and Eric Xu in 2000. You can store articles start keyword based discussions and search through internet using Baidu. Baidu rank as as world 5th most widely used website according to the alexa internet rankings in may 2014.
6. AmazonAmazon.com seeks to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and disc... Moreover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Site has numerous personalization features and services including one-click buying, extensive customer and editorial product reviews, gift registries, gift certificates, wish lists, restaurant and movie listings, travel, and photo processing.
7. WikipediaWikiPedia is non-profit collaboratively and edited multilingual internet encyclopedia. Wikipedia launched in January 15, 2001 by Jimmy Wales and Larry Sanger both are software developers. With 18 billion page views and nearly 500 million unique visitors a month…, Wikipedia trails just Yahoo, Facebook, Microsoft and Google, the largest with 1.2 billion unique visitors. According the Alexa internet rankings Wikipedia has became the 6th most popular website in the world.
8. TaobaoLaunched in May 2003, Taobao Marketplace (www.taobao.com) is the online shopping destination of... More choice for Chinese consumers looking for wide selection, value and convenience. Shoppers choose from a wide range of products and services on Taobao Marketplace, which features hundreds of millions of product and service listings. Taobao Marketplace was China's largest online shopping destination in terms of gross merchandise volume in 2013, according to iResearch. Taobao Marketplace is a business within Alibaba Group.
9. TwitterSocial networking and microblogging service utilising instant messaging, SMS or a web interface.
10. QQChina's largest and most used Internet service portal owned by Tencent, Inc founded in Nov... Moreember, 1998. Presently, Tencent is aiming its operations at the strategic goal of providing users with a "one-stop online life service". Tencent's Internet platforms QQ, QQ.com, QQ Games, and PaiPai.com have brought together China's largest Internet community. Tencent's communications and information-sharing services include QQ.com, QQ Instant Messenger, QQ Mail, and search engine SOSO.
About dao² web design Phnom Penh
Thank you for reading this blog post. dao² is a website design and software development company located in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Please feel free to contact dao² web design Phnom Penh regarding our website design, SEO, hosting or software development services.